While working in the kitchen there are many times when we face trouble in the kitchen, one of those times is when the cooking oil gets spilled. It is very common that the oil gets spilled no matter how carefully we work and cleaning of the spilled oil is found difficult by many and if you don’t know the proper method of cleaning up the oil it turns into a bigger mess than before.
House Cleaning Bothell has some tips on how you can clean up the spilled oil with ease.
1. Soak up the excess oil with paper towels
When house cleaning, there are many times that the oil gets spilled in the kitchen no matter how careful we are while handling it. Now since the oil has been spilled it is no time to panic about. So instead of thinking what to do, grab some paper towels or newspaper and lay it over the spilled oil. Use dabbing motion to soak up the oil, don’t wipe it or else you will spread it further. During house cleaning, if a glass bottle has been broken then collect the pieces in a brown paper before tossing them in the bin.
2. Sprinkle cornstarch on the remaining cooking oil
When house cleaning, after soaking up the oil you will still find some oil of the floor, for removing that oil you can sprinkle generous amounts of cornstarch over the oil and let it sit for a while. The cornstarch will soak up the remaining oil from the surface.
3. Vacuum the cornstarch
When house cleaning,once the oil has been soaked up by the cornstarch, you can either use a broom and a dust collector to gather the cornstarch from the floor or you can use a hand held vacuum and clean up the sprinkle cornstarch from the floor.
4. Wipe the surface
When house cleaning,even after picking up the oil using cornstarch you will still find traces of oil on the floor, for a complete clean floor from the oil you can wash it. During house cleaning, you use some dishwashing liquid and water to clean the residual of the oil from the floor, scrub it using a brush and wash it. To dry the surface then wipe it with a clean mop.
When house cleaning if the oil gets spilled onto your clothes then sprinkle some cornstarch onto the surface,once the cornstarch sets in and soaks up the oil then wash it off as the clothing direction says.
BONUS: How To Clean Cooking Oil Off Stove Top
- Remove grates from the gas stove and soak them in soapy water. Let them sit in hot soapy water for a few minutes and then with a soft brush or cloth remove caked-on grime and residues. (If this doesn’t do the trick, consider soaking the grates in vinegar overnight and scrubbing them after.)
- Next remove any food spills or crumbs so that only the grease stains that are stuck on the greasy stove. This goes for both a gas stove top and an electric stove top.
- Fill a bowl with warm water or hot water and add a couple drops of dishwashing liquid in it. Take a soft brush or sponge, lather it up in the hot soapy water and rub it on the stove top in circular motion. Take extra care in brushing areas with more grease stains and afterwards, let water sit for a few minutes. Once you see the grease stains loosen, wipe the surface with a damp cloth.
- For any stubborn grease stain that’s left, you can also use baking soda. Now there’s a lot of ways you can do this.
- a. One is getting a sponge, dipping in warm or hot water, wiping the stove top with it and sprinkling baking soda on it while it’s still wet. Let that sit for a five minutes or so and afterwards you should be able to see the baking soda change color because it’s absorbed the grease. This is now when you can take a brush and work in the baking soda into the grease stains and use a damp cloth to wipe away the baking soda residue and grime. You can also use a halved lemon in place of the brush since lemon juice is natural degreaser and adding that with the abrasiveness of the baking soda will make it a little easier to clean grease off your stove top.
- b. Another way is mixing 2 parts baking soda with 1 part white vinegar, applying it to the stove top, letting it sit for 15 minutes and then scrubbing the entire stove top area to remove grease stains that are a little bit tougher to get with just a damp cloth and hot soapy water.
If you think that the tips that are given above not sufficient for you and you seek for other options then you should immediately get in touch with your local House Cleaning Bothell experts who are always ready to help you out for oil spilling mistakes or feel free to just book an appointment with one of our professional House Cleaning Bothell agent to avail the services for your house.