When you think about the house cleaning and scrubbing around your house the first thing that should pop up in your mind is to start with your freezer. It’s always begging you to clean and reorganize stuff again.
So, start the house cleaning process by removing the groceries that have been expired or which aren’t in use. From yogurt to spoiled fruits, cheese and several other items that are cluttering in the space.
Like this you can create space for items or areas which you can utilize more. Here are few tips shared by House Cleaning Lake Forest Park which you can use to get the most out of little space.
1. First, before you start the house cleaning process make sure that you go through the manufacturer’s manual for cleaning and defrosting instructions.
2. Secondly, you need to turn off the temperature off the freezer and then take out the plug from the power socket. You can place towels in your freezer as the freezer defrost the water can be soaked by the towels and then you can squeeze them in the plastic container or bucket.
Inspect your food during the house cleaning process. Discard all of the food that smells and has passed the expiry date. Also, if you don’t label the food when you put it in the freezer then simple throw it out when you are cleaning the freezer. Lastly, if you have any signs of thawing then you need to make the final decision you can either throw it in the bin or refreeze it again.
3. During the house cleaning process you need to transfer your food in the refrigerator freezer if you have got any extra space and rest in the cooler with some ice cubes or ice packs. Place the box in the coolest area you have got. If it’s the winter season then you can place the box outside.
4. When house cleaning you can open the door of the freezer and prop it open if you wish. Remove the baskets and the removable shelves and soak them in the water and dish detergent solution but wait for them to reach at the room temperature in order to avoid cracks.
5. Once the ice is melted start washing the inside and outside of the freezer with water, cloth and dish detergent. Don’t forget to clean the seal of the refrigerator door as it contains build up of germs and bacteria. Also, if it’s not properly cleaned the door of the fridge will not close and it will damage the food items.
6. In the end of house cleaning process make sure that you dry the inside of the freezer and clean the removable shelves as well. Replace the plug back in the power socket and turn it on. After that set the temperature of the freezer and when the temperature reaches at the zero degree start putting the stuff back in the freezer again.
More guides on how to clean your freezer, visit here.
For more kitchen cleaning tips call your local house cleaning lake forest park experts now for options.