After the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, your home may be in need of a post-holiday home refresh. Whether you are looking for a quick fix to freshen up your space or a more substantial makeover, these 5 tips for a home refresh after the holidays will help you get the job done. From decluttering to repurposing old décor, these tips will help you create the perfect post-holiday home refresh. Read on to discover the best way to bring new life to your home after the holidays!
1) Donate or sell holiday decor you no longer want
One of the first steps in donating or selling holiday decor is to determine which pieces you’re no longer attached to. Maybe it’s a decoration that was a gift from a family member that doesn’t fit into your home aesthetic, or it’s something you purchased last year that you no longer like. Once you’ve decided which pieces you’d like to get rid of, you can begin the process of finding them a new home.
If you’re looking to donate your decorations, there are many different organizations that accept seasonal items such as churches, shelters, thrift stores, and nonprofits. Make sure to research the specific guidelines for each organization as some may only accept certain items or require donations to be in good condition.
For those looking to make a little extra cash by selling their decorations, you have the option of listing them on websites such as eBay, Etsy, or Facebook Marketplace. However, you must keep in mind that there is a lot of competition on these sites when it comes to selling used holiday decor so make sure to price your items competitively.
2) Bring in fresh flowers or plants
One of the best home refresh tips for your post-holiday home cleaning and refresh is to bring in fresh flowers or plants. A few simple bouquets can make a big difference in brightening up the atmosphere and making your home feel inviting once again.
You can choose from a wide range of colors, sizes, and varieties of flowers to suit any occasion or mood. With just a few new blooms, you can make a tired living space feel alive and vibrant. And if you’re looking for something a bit more long-lasting, adding a few plants or succulents to your home will add color and texture while also purifying the air and creating an overall healthier atmosphere.
3) Rearrange or add new furniture and decor
Rearranging or adding new furniture and decor is an easy way to give your home a fresh look without having to do too much work. Here are some tips to help you get started:
– Start Small: You don’t have to commit to a full-on remodel right away. Start by swapping out some of your existing decors or rearranging furniture pieces in different parts of the room.
– Think Functionality: When purchasing new pieces for your home, keep in mind how you will use them. Is this item for storage, decoration, or seating? Make sure you buy pieces that are functional as well as aesthetically pleasing.
– Don’t Forget About The Little Things: Spruce up the small details in your home as well. Buy new pillows or blankets, hang up artwork, and replace any light fixtures that may be looking dull or outdated.
– Get Creative: The great thing about doing a home refresh is that you don’t have to follow any specific rules. Get creative with how you arrange furniture and decor and find ways to make your home uniquely yours.
4) Paint a Wall or Two
Whether you choose to tackle one wall or repaint the whole house, a few coats of your favorite color will instantly liven up the atmosphere. This is one of the most cost-effective home refresh tips – and the possibilities are endless! You can go for a bright, cheery hue to keep the holiday spirit alive or pick something neutral and calming to relax after the busy season. Either way, a little bit of paint can go a long way in helping to make your home feel brand new again.
5) Schedule a Professional Home Deep Cleaning with Four Seasons Cleaning
While you could tackle your home refresh project all on your own, why not save yourself some stress and leave the deep cleaning to the professionals? At Four Seasons Cleaning, we are here to help you get your home back in order after the chaos of the holidays.
Four Seasons Cleaning offers one-time, bi-weekly, and monthly home cleaning services. We serve the city of Seattle and surrounding areas including Redmond, WA, Kirkland, WA, Mercer Island, WA, Woodinville, WA, Bellevue, WA, and more! Call us today at (425) 821-4503 to schedule your first cleaning or book online!