The coffee stains show up on our cotton T-shirts easily and it can be tough to remove once they get dry. During the house cleaning process the easiest way to get rid of them is to wash the coffee stains immediately. There are other treatments as well if the stains get dry!
Follow step by step guide by house cleaning kirkland to remove the coffee stains from your t-shirts during the house cleaning process!
1. Wet some paper towels or a cotton cloth with cold water
During the house cleaning process you need to bolt the stain with some paper towels or you can just use a cotton cloth to remove the stain as much as you can. Just make sure that you only focus on the stain while you rub it otherwise there are chances that it might spread all over your t-shirt.
- Use cold water as it is the best solution for the fresh stain, since the heat can set the stain in the fabric.
2. Run the shirt under the water from the back:
During the house cleaning process you have to wash your t-shirt from the opposite side of the stain which will help to remove stains easily. Once you are done washing your shirt under the coldwater wring the excess water.
3. Treat With Dishwashing Liquid:
During the house cleaning process if your t-shirt picks up some of the stain then you need to mix it into a soapy residue, which is easier to remove.
For house cleaning process you can even use diluted shampoo as well but only if it doesn’t contain any odor, conditioner, or color.
4. Rinse Away the Soap with Vinegar:
During the house cleaning process you can use white vinegar to clean the coffee stain from your t-shirt because the coffee stain is a bit acidic and the vinegar works better than the cold water.
5. Repeat the dishwashing liquid and vinegar treatments
During the house cleaning process you may need to apply liquid detergent and vinegar for up to seven times in order to get rid of stubborn stains.
Though, If you feel like there is no change after washing it 2-3 times then it’s better that you move on to the next step!
6. Use a Pretreatment Laundry Stain Remover
When house cleaning if the liquid dish detergent and vinegar didn’t worked for you then you can do the commercial product. The stain removers in the bar soap form remover can be directly rubbed on the stain and then you can leave it for few minutes. The liquid stain removers are effective as well but it works best when you have got enough time to soak your clothes in the water for long periods of time.
- If you are not having commercial laundry stain remover for house cleaning then you can apply a small amount of liquid detergent on the stain. Rub the detergent with your fingers and let it sit for 15 minutes.
For more stain removal techniques you can call your local house cleaning Kirkland experts